The Minnesota Business Tax Education Partnership is holding a seminar in Rochester, Minnesota for employers and their representatives who are interested in information on state and federal employment taxes and other employer responsibilities. These seminars will be presented by experts from the Minnesota Department of Revenue, Minnesota Unemployment Insurance Program, the United States Department of Labor, and Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Insurers Association.
February 7th (8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.) seminar content will include information on:
- Worker status (independent contractor vs employee)
- Employment Tax basics (withholding, depositing and reporting)
- Unemployment Insurance (tax rates, wage reporting, benefit account issues)
- State & Federal Labor Standards (Wage & Hour)
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance Requirements
Seminar Date and Location:
- Date: Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Location: Rochester Elks Lodge
- 1652 Highway 52 North
Rochester, MN 55901
Fee: No fee
Register: Advanced registration is required.
Note: Charlie’s is a full-service restaurant right next door to the Elk’s Lodge.
Visit our website:
The UI Program is proud to offer the following pre-approved continuing education credits:
- Society of Human Resources Management Professional Development Credits (PDCs)
- American Payroll Association Recertification Credit Hours (RCHs)
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) Recertification Credits