- 9:00-10:00 Pumpkin Pit Row Construction
- 10:00 Showcase
- 10:30 Race Starts
- 11:00-2:00 Picnic Under the Bridge serving Brats, Hotdogs & More
- 11:00-2:00 Face Painting and Balloons by Giggle Givers
- 11:00-3:00 Emery Express Kid’s Train Rides
- 12:00-4:00 Riverfront Carriage Rides
- 1:30-3:30 Music Under The Bridge
Pumpkin Race Car – 3 Ways to Build
- You may build your own Pumpkin Race Car using your own supplies at home bringing it ready to race at the track Under the Bridge. Questions call 651-565-4158.
- You can build your own Pumpkin Race Car at home by picking up a Pumpkin Race Car Kit at the Chamber office bringing it ready to race at the track Under the Bridge. Questions call 651-565-4158.
- You may build your Pumpkin Race Car at the track the day of the race starting at 9:00 AM when Pumpkin Pit Row opens Under the Bridge. Pumpkin Race Car Kits will be available for you. $5.00 donation is appreciated. Questions call 651-565-4158.
Official Race Rules:
Craft your pumpkin using a SINGLE carved pumpkin.
Insert 2 independent axels through your pumpkin and attach wheels to the axels.
You MUST fill out a Race Entry Form to enter the race.
Anti-Stealth Rule: You CANNOT strap your pumpkin onto a chassis of any kind (skateboard, stroller, Tonka truck, etc.).
No cheating! Your racer must conform to these rules or your pumpkin may be disqualified.
A bigger or heavier Pumpkin Race Car is not a faster Pumpkin Race Car. Rarely does the biggest win.The best way to build a fast Pumpkin Race Car is to make sure the axles are parallel so it will roll in a straight line. Many racers are eliminated early because their race car veers into the sides before it crosses the finish line.Make sure all wheels spin freely.Be sure your race car has enough ground clearance!Be creative, you could win creativity awards. Have fun making your Pumpkin Race Car!