Area Jobs & Career Opportunites
The Work Force development Inc is offering Free, short-term hands on Cement Masons Training that will expose you to what you need to know to begin your career in just 1 month, and will give you the skills to enter a field that pays an average hourly wage of $29.00 plus union benefits.
Cement Masons, Plasterers, and Shophands Participant Requirements for WDI Staff
- Have graduated from high school or earned their GED
- Provide proof of a valid driver’s license
- Be 18 years or older
- Be able to pass a drug screen at the time of an offer of employment
- Provide I-p supporting documentation
- Provide proof of income and income documentation for the previous six months (if applicable)
- Provide proof of public assistance (if applicable)
- Provide proof of veteran’s status (if applicable)
Applicants will be asked to take the TABE
- Minimum allowable English score equivalent to 6th grade
- Scale Score Range: 536 – 549
- Minimum allowable math score equivalent to 4th grade
- Scale Score Range: 496 – 516
Male Applicants, 18 years or older, will be asked to prove Selective Service Registration
Four Week Training held at Workforce Development Inc
- 2070 College View Road East, Rochester, MN
- Phone: 507-767-2214
- Park in the East parking lot, enter door H8, follow signs
- Class runs Monday-Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm
- First Day of Class – Monday, March 4th – Friday, March 29th
Twelve to Fifteen Students in the Class
Contact or visit your local Workforce Development Inc. office or call 507-512-0494 to learn more!
Contact the Wabasha Office at 651-565-235!
Experienced Meat Cutter needed in our new Dick’s Fresh Market-Wabasha Store! Must have meat cutting experience , knowledge of OSHA safety, and sanitation policies. If you want to work for a great team click the links below to apply online:
Dick’s fresh Market
221 Hiawatha Drive West
Wabasha, MN 55981
If you are interested making a great wage working with your hands, consider a career in construction. Starting wage begins at $22.70 and offers free, 1 month training, to get you prepared for the construction business. Call Ramona at 651-565-2635 at the Wabasha Workforce Department, Inc for more information.
Got a Job to Post?
Chamber Members: Send us your job opening and we will post to the website and e-newsletters.