Miss Wabasha Pageant
The Wabasha Riverboat Days Committee is looking for the new Miss Wabasha Royalty for 2019. The Committee is inviting girls entering grades 8-11 in the fall of 2019. To be eligible, contestants must have a Wabasha address, or her parents must be members of the Wabasha-Kellogg Area Chamber of Commerce. The candidates will be judged on a short essay, academic achievements, community involvement, extracurricular activities, and an interview. Interested? Read on for more details.
First, you will need a sponsor. The sponsor pays the $100 entry fee.
Second, you must fill out an application form and write an essay about the selected topic. You can pick up an application at the Chamber of Commerce, or print one off the Riverboat Days website at www.wabashamn.org/riverboat-days.
Thirdly, return your application and entry fee to the Chamber of Commerce by Monday, July 8th, 2019. You can return it by mail or dropping it off at:
Wabasha-Kellogg Area Chamber of Commerce & CVB
122 Main Street West
PO Box 105
Wabasha, MN 55981
The Miss Wabasha Royalty is chosen based upon a short essay of 200-300 words on “What makes Wabasha unique?”, your academics, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and an interview. A panel of judges will review all participant applications and essays. They will conduct one-on-one interviews and choose the royalty. Miss Congeniality will be voted on by the other contestants.
The deadline to apply has been extended to Monday, July 8th, 2019.
Important details you and your parents might want to know – at a glance:
- Deadline for applications and essays is Monday, July 8th, 2019. Applications are at the Chamber of Commerce and online at www.wabashamn.org/riverboat-days. The application, essay, and $100 sponsorship must be turned in by the deadline to be eligible.
- The contestants must be available on Sunday, July 14th at 6:00pm for a contestant and parent meeting. We will also be doing a group photo at this time.
- The contestant must be available on Friday, July 26th and Saturday, July 27th all day. Events on Friday include interview, luncheon, coronation, and a photo shoot. Saturday includes Riverboat Days activities, Queen’s Tea, and the Riverboat Days parade.
- If crowned Miss Wabasha Royalty, you must commit to 3 parades and 3 chamber events and volunteering at Grandpa’s Barn during your one-year reign. The families of the royalty are responsible for getting the royalty and the float to the parades. The Chamber of Commerce will help you register for the parades.
- The contestant will need a formal dress for the coronation. You do not have to buy a new one – it can be used, borrowed, etc.
- Attire for interviews is business casual but select an outfit that represents YOU.
Contact the Chamber of Commerce at (651) 565-4158 if you have any questions.