A big congratulations to Robyn Worden for First Place in Soup and Scott Kjeseth for First Place in Chili!
Thank you to all of the 18 contestants, businesses who donated door prizes, and all our taste testers/ judges!!! With your help we were able to donate 2 large boxes to the food shelf! A special thanks to Vicki for hosting at the VFW and Robyn for donating her winnings to the Chamber!!
We’re hiring a Development Manager!
The National Eagle Center, America’s leading organization dedicated to the unique role of eagles in our natural environment and human cultures, seeks a dynamic, donor-centric professional for the position of Development Manager.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Director of Development, Andrea Chapman at [email protected].
Working closely with Director of Development the Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategic fundraising strategies to meet the National Eagle Center’s revenue goals in membership, donations and sponsorships.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop goals and a strategic plan with the Development Director to increase and retain membership, donors and sponsorships
- Expedite Development Committee fundraising objectives
- Responsible for the utilization, oversight and advancement of the donor management database and serves as the primary point of contact for the database within the department.
- Provide excellent service to and build relationships with existing and prospective members, donors, and sponsors
- Plan, package and promote fundraising appeals in innovative and creative ways
- Produce content and layout of quarterly newsletter and annual report
- Plan and execute annual fundraising events and member/donor events
- Collaborate with marketing, education and program staff to assure alignment of all Development strategies with organizational goals
- Participate in other fundraising initiatives as necessary including capital campaign
- Passion for the National Eagle Center’s mission
- College degree
- Skilled at writing promotional materials and developing newsletter content
- Excellent knowledge of customer service and marketing
- Extremely well-organized, goal-oriented and very high attention to detail
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Graphic design sensibility
- Experience with Blackbaud Altru donor database software preferred
- Event planning experience preferred
- Willing to learn, and confident in proposing innovative ideas
- Availability for occasional evenings and weekends for special events
J&J Barbecue Named Best Restaurant More than 30 Minutes from Rochester! For the Second Year in a Row!
J&J Barbecue is excited to hold the Rochester Magazine title again in 2020! As in 2019, we were voted best restaurant located more than 30 minutes away from Rochester! Thank you to everyone who voted for us and supported our business! Since we first opened our doors, we have been committed to providing a one-of-a-kind barbecue experience.
We understand Barbecue and know that good food and a great time go hand in hand! Next time you are in Nelson, WI stop by for a delicious plate of fresh BBQ ribs, wings, beef brisket, pork, and so much more! While you are here, try our famous Bloody Mary’s and smoked wings at our Grandpa’s Saloon. There is never a dull moment here at J&J Barbecue!
Stop by during the weekend for exciting live entertainment and for our buffet specials.
All Showroom Furniture 25% OFF the ticketed price through January! We have beautiful small and large dining sets, King & Queen Bedrooms, Wine Cabinets, Buffets & Hutches, Baker’s Cabinets, Desks & Bookcases, Sofa, Recliners, Gliders w/Ottomans, Rockers, Occasional Tables, Pine Cabinets, Kids Rockers & Table & Chair Set and Much Much More!!!
Coffee Mill Ski Area Holiday Hours
December 23rd: 10 am – 9 pm
Christmas Eve: Closed
December 26th – 30th: 10 am – 9 pm
December 31st: 10am – 6pm
January 1st: 10am – 8 pm
Normal hours resume on January 2nd 2020
Chad Sanderson, a Wabasha native, grew up skiing Coffee Mill Ski Area. When he met his now-wife Chelsea, he introduced her to the sport. Now