The owners of The Woods Fine Amish Furniture in Plainview just got back from attending 3 markets in Jan, Feb, and Mar and new Amish furniture and home décor has been arriving for the showroom. We attended markets in Dallas and Philly for home accents… the Philly market is 70% of the vendors are American Made for home décor which is our goal for our store. The Amish Expo was held in Howe, IN and the Amish builders were showing all their new styles and colors for the new year. It was exciting and we have many new dining sets, bedroom suites, hutches, buffets, living room and office furniture ordered and on its way! Stop in to see all the exciting new merchandise!
It is time for the annual Meet in the Middle: Business After Hours with Lake City Chamber of Commerce.
All members, please join us for Business After Hours with EO Johnson on Tuesday March 28 from 5:30-7:00pm. Enjoy networking with fellow Chamber members over food and drinks at the Reads Landing Brewing Company.Register Today!
Thank you for supporting your local Chamber of Commerce. We hope to see you at the Meet in the Middle on Tuesday!
This year’s event is scheduled for Saturday, May 20th, 2017 at the National Eagle Center from 6:00pm – 8:30pm.
The National Eagle Center and many Wabasha area restaurants will host the social and food tasting event of the year, Taste of Wabasha! We’ll showcase the best appetizers, entrees and desserts from the area and also host an exciting silent auction – all to support a great cause. Please join us for a delicious evening of great food, good friends and an evening with the eagles.
Tickets will be on sale to members-only starting Monday, March 20th and open to the public on Monday, April 3rd.
A quarterly gathering for Wabasha-Kellogg Chamber members and guests!
Location: Hills Hardware
Broken Paddle Guiding is partnering with Dancing Gnome Farm for the 2017 growing and paddling season to bring local veggies and pastured eggs to town! Dancing Gnome Farm will have their CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) shares for pickups each Monday this season at the Broken Paddle Guiding shop in downtown Wabasha. We at Broken Paddle have a commitment to treating our land and water with respect, and working with locally grown produce from Dancing Gnome Farm is one of the ways we strive to achieve that goal. Register for your CSA share and we will see you each Monday this summer!
June 12, 2017 to September 25, 2017
4:30pm to 7:00pm
Broken Paddle Guiding
213 Main Street West
Saint Elizabeth’s Medical Center is pleased to welcome Edward Riley, MD, orthopaedic surgeon and chair of Orthopaedics at Gundersen Health System in La Crosse, Wisconsin, to its medical staff.Fullscreen Mode
The Event Coordinator is a member of the Wabasha-Kellogg Area Chamber of Commerce and CVB and reports to the Executive Director. The position is responsible for coordinating all Chamber-sponsored events, as well as assisting visitors in the Chamber of Commerce office.
This position supports the Chamber’s mission and vision, which includes the following primary functions:
- Assist in the coordination of event planning for a range of festivals, programs and membership events, oversee the various stages of event development, and maintain up to date knowledge of event details
- Solicit sponsorships for events
- Ensure adequate staffing is available for events
- Create promotion material for the event and distribute it to the target audience
- Assist with the development of the yearly visitor guide and coupon book
- Maintain and update all information and details on the website and social media accounts
- Assist with the direct marketing initiatives and promotional activities
- Represent the Chamber of Commerce to members and clients in a professional manner
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with local businesses
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 1+ year event planning experience preferred
- Must possess good organizational, communication, and problem solving skills and a high level of creativity
- Good phone etiquette
- Good written and verbal skills
- Solid knowledge of basic PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage multiple projects
- Strong social media skills
This is a part-time, hourly position with 32 hours per week, including Saturdays March-October.
The Wabasha-Kellogg Area Chamber of Commerce and CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email cover letter and resume to [email protected].
If you have questions, please call (651) 565-4158.
Visit the Wabasha Public Library for many services and materials.
When you step off the porch and into this cafe in tiny Kellogg, Minnesota, you’ll feel like you’ve just stepped into your favorite relative’s kitchen. Their no-frills burgers, breakfasts, and desserts are comfort foods that will make you feel right at home. Address: 320 East Belvidere Avenue, Kellogg MN.