The Event Coordinator is a member of the Wabasha-Kellogg Area Chamber of Commerce and CVB and reports to the Executive Director. The position is responsible for coordinating all Chamber-sponsored events, as well as assisting visitors in the Chamber of Commerce office.
This position supports the Chamber’s mission and vision, which includes the following primary functions:
- Assist in the coordination of event planning for a range of festivals, programs and membership events, oversee the various stages of event development, and maintain up to date knowledge of event details
- Solicit sponsorships for events
- Ensure adequate staffing is available for events
- Create promotion material for the event and distribute it to the target audience
- Assist with the development of the yearly visitor guide and coupon book
- Maintain and update all information and details on the website and social media accounts
- Assist with the direct marketing initiatives and promotional activities
- Represent the Chamber of Commerce to members and clients in a professional manner
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with local businesses
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 1+ year event planning experience preferred
- Must possess good organizational, communication, and problem solving skills and a high level of creativity
- Good phone etiquette
- Good written and verbal skills
- Solid knowledge of basic PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Must possess a demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and manage multiple projects
- Strong social media skills
This is a part-time, hourly position with 32 hours per week, including Saturdays March-October.
The Wabasha-Kellogg Area Chamber of Commerce and CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
If you have questions, please call (651) 565-4158.